They say time flies when you are having fun and if that is true then we must have had a LOT of fun in 2021 at McDonald Surveys, because it felt like yesterday that we ushered in a new year and now we are saying goodbye to it.
There have been so many milestones at McDonald Surveys this year, all credited to the dedication of our team members who believe in going the extra mile and importantly, due to the trust and confidence of our clients.
In 10++ years time to come, we look forward to looking back through the Perth and WA landscape and “see” how we as a team of engineers, surveyors, project managers, office management, have come together to connect services, people and communities.
As mentioned, it won’t be easy to share all of the highlights of 2021, but we’re excited to share the following achievements of our Rail, Dilapidation and Corporate teams.
Celebrating another busy year for our Rail team
Throughout 2021, our rail team has been keeping busy and involved in many projects across this great state of ours whilst also upskilling their knowledge and capabilities:
- In October, our Rail Surveyors and Rail Survey Assistants participated in a comprehensive 7 day training session, with a specific focus on Gedo Office. The training was led by our very own Joe Healy who shared his vast knowledge, experience and leadership on all things Rail Engineering Survey, equipping our team members with the skills and readiness to go beyond the extra mile for all our clients. A highlight for everyone during the comprehensive and hands on training was the field day, right on the rail tracks of Whiteman Park!
- Located approximately 70km north of Tom Price and 150km north of Paraburdoo, within the inland Pilbara region of northern Western Australia is the Pelican site, where 25 of our surveyors spent 140 days on site and 9161 work hours to help maintain an important rail line for our clients.
- 342 days on site, 15,748 hours of work and 4789 camp changes later, our work on the Eliwana rail project has been successfully completed!
Into 2022, we will be continuing our work with some of the world’s and nation’s biggest resources and development companies to assist with rail projects.
We will also be working with a number of other rail companies requiring our specialist services to deliver on shorter term works. We look forward to these new relationships developing greater opportunities for both the company and our staff to branch into other parts of Western Australia and possibly further.
The Dilapidation team is kicking goals all around!
Our Dilap team have been kept on their toes, busy with work across many of WA’s public and private projects.
While we cannot share many of these projects due to privacy reason, we would like to share some of the reasons why the Dilap team continue to be considered highly amongst our clients and industry peers:
- The team goes above and beyond, from surveyors on the ground who work extra days to get the job done through to our admin trainee who get complimented for their helpful telephone and customer service support.
- The team achieves a 92% condition survey completion rate on projects spanning thousands of assets! One of the factors which contributes to this success is our investment into proprietary technology, people and processes.
Our Dilap team are looking forward to continuing their customer focused approach in 2022!
Other things we are proud of sharing
Outside of our main rail and dilapidation services, we at McDonald Surveys also believe in supporting our team members and giving back to the local community!
Here are just some of the initiatives we are proud of delivering and achieving as a team:
- In 2021, we became Player Sponsors of The Western Force. We’re supporting a local team that has heart and continuing to strive for excellence…something we’re also always keen to do at McDonald Surveys, with our commitment to go above and beyond.
- We’ve partnered with Nudge NGO – a for-purpose charity that focuses on getting young people into jobs and training opportunities in various industries throughout WA – to create a surveying career pathway for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
- We continue to prioritise the health, wellbeing and success of our team members through our commitment with Mates in Construction, Anglicare Employee Assistance Program and Financial Goals learning workshops.
See you in 2022!
Thank you to each and everyone who made it possible for us to achieve all of the above and so much more. We hope you enjoy the upcoming holidays, stay safe and on behalf of the McDonald Surveys team, we wish you, your family and loved ones a great end to the year and a fabulous start to 2022!
GET IN TOUCH
If you have a project you’d like to discuss, please call us on (08) 9353 6140 or complete and submit the form below.
McDonald Surveys International Pty Ltd
Unit 4/140 Abernethy Road, Belmont WA 6104
T (08) 9353 6140